Wednesday 18 June 2008

What's been happening today?

The script is currently clocking in at around 60%, although as I post this I've only just started today's work on it, so I'm hoping to be encroaching on the 70% mark by tomorrow. Adam has some new pics ready, but I'm going to hold off posting them for now (it’s always best to save the pics for when there isn’t much else to report on).

More significantly, last night I did some of my first work on the storyboards of the first episode. I've had a pretty good indication of what the Teaser would look like since even before I started work on the treatment, so it's pretty safe to say it's not going to change in the time it takes me to complete the script.

This is quite significant since as far as I can recall pretty much the first work I’ve ever done with storyboards. Unless of course you count some of the old comics I used to draw back when I was a kid.

As of now they're looking pretty good, I've worked out a good template from which to take things from, and the work went pretty smoothly. These are good indications that the storyboarding process should go relatively smoothly once the script is complete, and ultimately means the episodes will get done quicker.

What’s on the horizon, as far as the project is concerned?

Well, Adam Kopala our 3D artist has being steaming ahead with his work on the 3D side of things. Right now, I’d say nearly all of the quota for the models required for the first episode have been completed, are nearing completion, or work has already started. This bodes extremely well as far as the trailer is concerned, and I fully expect animating of those shots required for it to begin within the next week or so. So the trailer itself may be right around the corner.

On my side of things, obviously the script is still underway at a steady pace. If everything goes well within the next couple of days I plan on just throwing a whole day’s work just into the script, which should hopefully bring it to completion.

I’m also working on a new 2D test animation, depicting a walk sequence, which I also hope to have completed soon, and to when complete will likely appear in the trailer.

That’s it for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joe, the test images and clips look really impressive!

Thanks for your kind permission re your schematics. I've included them in the pdf here: http://trek.escape-committee.co.uk/volume5.html. (sorry for not passing on the link earlier - mad time at work at the mo :-) ). I've put a link to your blog in the Links section of my site, and I'll embed your final site's URL into the pdf's Bibliography.

Your new Klingon Birds of Prey are excellent - I'm particularly impressed that you and Adam have included the smaller BoP, that's a rare ship. Are you planning to release 4-view schematics of the two Birds of Prey like the other ships you've done? I'd love to see them and would very much like to include those too if so - though I realise you're both probably very busy!

Either way good luck with the project, I'm really looking forward to seeing the results!

Take care.

Mark